1. Competition Terms and Conditions
Eastern Health (ABN 68 223 819 017)(operating as Turning Point)
of Level 4, 5 Arnold Street, Box Hill 3128
Entries may be submitted from 23 March 2017 – 26 June 2017.
Entries received after this date will not be eligible to be part of the competition.
To enter, entrants must, during the Submission Period, upload their stories at:
Entrants will also be required to provide their name, email address and phone number.
Entry will be restricted to students enrolled in a tertiary institution in Australia.
The name of the student’s tertiary institution must be included in an entrant’s submission.
Entries can be of any length and must be written in English.
Entries must be submitted as text through the contact us form.
Winning entries will be published on the “Just Ask Us” website.
A representative from Eastern Health will determine which stories will be selected for publication.
Prior to publication, Eastern Health will be entitled to edit a submission in consultation with the entrant.
Stories may be published under a pseudonym.
Entrants whose stories are published will receive a $20 voucher, they may choose from the following list of providers:
Eastern Health will notify entrants before a story is published.
Delivery of Vouchers
Vouchers will be sent to published entrants by registered mail.
Further Terms and Conditions
1. Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. By submitting an entry, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and Eastern Health may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to award a Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
3. Entries must be original works written by an individual author.
4. Copyright in an entry will remain with the entrant.
5. Entries must not infringe upon anyone else’s copyright.
6. Entries that are deemed to be works of plagiarism or that contain copyright infringements will not be published and no prize will be awarded,
7. Entries that contain material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including the Victorian Government, its employees, contractors, partners, suppliers, competitors or other stakeholders, or would otherwise damage Eastern Health’s reputation, will not be eligible for publication and no prize will be awarded.
8. Employees of Eastern Health will be ineligible to enter the Competition.
How to Enter
9. To enter, entrants must follow the Entry Procedure and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible for publication.
11. Eastern Health reserves the right to disqualify an entry in the event of non-compliance with the Conditions of Entry or the Terms and Conditions.
12. Any entry received after expiry of the Submission Period will not be eligible for publication.
13. Eastern Health will not accept responsibility for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
14. All decisions made by Eastern Health in relation to any aspect of the Competition are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If the Prize becomes unavailable, Eastern Health reserves the right to substitute a product of equal value or specification, subject to any applicable laws or written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. Each entrant warrants to Eastern Health that his or her entry is their own work, is complete and accurate and has been submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
17. Eastern Health will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors (whether technical or otherwise) that may occur in the course of conducting the Competition.
18. Eastern Health accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
19. To the full extent permitted by law, Eastern Health will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using the Prize.
20. Eastern Health will accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may be incurred by an entrant from winning the Prize.
21.By entering this Competition, each entrant releases Eastern Health, its directors, officers, employees and agents from, and indemnifies each of them against, any and all liability or loss, damage or injury of any kind arising from or in connection with this Competition or the Prize.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.
Get Help Now
000 Emergency Assistance
National emergency assistance number for ambulance, police and fire response.
24 HR DRUG AND ALCOHOL HELPLINES - AUSTRALIA WIDE
Contact these services for telephone counselling, information and referral.
1800 888 236
1800 422 599 or (02) 9361 8000
1800 811 994
1800 131 350
(02) 6205 4545
1800 177 833 or (07) 3837 5989
1800 131 340 or (08) 8363 8618
1800 198 024 or (08) 9442 5000
Contacts for 24hr response services in each state for those feeling suicidal and for those supporting someone feeling suicidal.
1300 651 251
1300 363622 or 02 9331 2000
07 3831 9016 or 1300 363 622
1800 198 313 or 1800 676 822
131465 or 1800 182 232
1300 364 566
1800 629 354 or 02 6205 1065
1800 019 116
Kids Help Line is a free, confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.1800 551 800
Lifeline provides 24-hour confidential telephone counselling to anyone within Australia.13 11 14
Drug and Alcohol Counselling is available 24 hours a day. Chat online now with a qualified drug and alcohol counsellor.
Kids Helpline Website
Kids Help Line is a free, confidential and anonymous, 24-hour telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.
Find your local student support services, by selecting your state, and then the name of your university or TAFE.